Sunday 30 April 2017

The learning curve continues...

It's been a few days since the first post went up and although it didn't exactly go viral I've been pleasantly surprised at the feedback! Turns out there are lots of kind people out there!
So with new found confidence and a fresh bout of verbal diarrhoea ready to explode I thought I would strike while the iron's hot and continue my ramblings.
Let me just start by saying it's good to know that I'm not the one who has an unhealthy hatred for Peppa Pig. @miss_speight You're idea of a hog roast was inspired!

So what have I learnt this week?
I've discovered something called a Pregnancy pillow. Three words... BEST THING EVER!
After several nights of little to no sleep (Baby thinks Mummy McMumface is a punch bag) the Preg pillow allowed us both to get a decent nights sleep. If you're considering getting one...DO IT! Expensive at about £32 on Amazon but well worth it in my humble opinion.

The next big thing on the horizon seems to be Ante Natal Classes. Not quite sure how this is going to pan out as I tend to laugh at inappropriate things. Words like constipation...discharge...nipples. Quite frankly hilarious! How will I get through it?! Also unsure of what questions to ask. After all you're talking to the man who thought enema was an 80's pop star.
Perhaps I should start an is it ok thread a la the last leg? Is it ok to have no idea what oxytocin is? Some kind of face cream?

As I eluded to earlier, baby is starting to wiggle around quite a bit. Felt her for the first time the other day, which was pretty cool. Things are looking good on the sporting front, definite footballer in the making! Mummy McMumface is not amused.

Maternity clothes are also being purchased at an alarming rate of knots. Why is it that none of the cheap shops (i.e Primarni) do any decent maternity wear? Apparently my spiderman onesie isn't maternity wear.

So any suggestions on non twatish antenatal questions or where to get some maternity clothes would be much appreciated! Speak to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive